They say, “It’s lonely at the top.” If you lead an organization, you know it is anything but lonely. Everyone wants something from you.
Perhaps you tell yourself . . .
Likely you continually want to believe . . .
And while you know that leadership development is important . . .
You are there as support for others . . .
You get plenty of advice . . .
All that may keep the doors open . . .
Want to grow — personally as well as professionally? Want to trade in that feeling of “lonely at the top” for a private, invitation only peer group who focuses on challenges and opportunities as only CEO’s and Owners can?
I host monthly meetings of CEO’s and Owners who meet in private session each month to sharpen their personal leadership and business skills. I bring in 8 speakers a year on topics of technical business management, leadership, personal growth and more.
Provide and get help with the most important challenges and opportunities. Using the wisdom, experience and candor of the group we dig deep to help members with everything from the casual question to major issues they need help and insight of peers to solve.
Create a structure for Accountability You hold others accountable for their commitments every day- but peers who help engineer and define solutions want to know that you have taken action. We track commitments, financials and metrics on the altar of being an early warning system for members.
Monthly Executive Coaching I meet monthly with each of my members for individual coaching and a deeper dive into challenges and opportunities that matter most to them.
Meetings are a full day to step out of working IN the business to work ON the business- and on your own leadership and quality of life.
Vistage CEO Peer Groups
Two of my Vistage CEO peer groups are for leaders who run companies with annual revenues of $5M+, who are facing the challenges and opportunities that come with growth and success; and, who want to share experiences and be held accountable by peers.
Vistage Key Executive Peer Group
My Vistage Key Executive peer group is for executives who report directly to a CEO or are being groomed for Senior Management- and owners of businesses with revenues up to $5 million; and, who want to share experiences and be held accountable by peers.
Are you Vistage material?
Here is what we look for in new Member Candidates:
- You and your business need to be healthy. We are not a rescue operation for businesses or leaders who are on their last legs or looking for a short-term fix (or miracle).
- We look for openness to new ideas, personal vulnerability, sense of humor and camaraderie. My members have each other’s backs. There is a deep respect in the room.
- We value frank speech and deep listening. We look for members who value hearing multiple points of view. Members depend on each other for the kind of “Carefrontational” feedback and counsel that comes with a trusted environment and willingness to speak and listen courageously.
- You must be willing to share your company financials and strategic plans with the group. This is not a casual or disposable thing. We prefer reality to theory and members are far more able to help if they understand your business and financial operations.
- You must be able to maintain strict confidentiality. What happens and is shared in the group stays in the group. (See #4 above).
- As part of new member exploration, we will vet for conflicts of interest. We do not seat competitors or anyone who has a major vendor relationship in the same group (again, see #4). We want members to be able to talk about anything without fear or reservation.
- We want members who are in control of their calendar. In addition to meeting days monthly, we will often put teams together to support a member with a particular challenge or opportunity. We go on retreat annually (an event planned by the group). We want all the hearts and minds in the room on for all group events. An empty chair has no value.
- We look for courage and a sincere desire to play a bigger game. A sense of humor and willingness to be open and curious are your best assets for getting the most from a seat at our table.
Want to know more?
Start with the contact link below to schedule an initial conversation. If we are both smiling and nodding after that- I will walk you through the discovery and vetting process for new member candidates. We take member screening seriously.